About Athletics Norfolk
Athletics Norfolk works strategically with key partners to develop the sport of athletics including track & field, road-running, cross-country, disability athletics, and Sportshall. Since our new launch on 1 November 2013 our central ethos has been about working in partnership with clubs across to county to develop athletics in our region.
Our key aims:
- To improve and develop the quality of coaching across Norfolk
- To foster community links, for example working with local schools
- To encourage healthy competition both within and between clubs
- To develop all-round provision for the clubs in our network
What we do:
- Assist with coach development through flying coach visits, the England Athletics and Local Coach Development Programmes and providing access to National Coach Mentors
- Provide an Officials Education and Development Programme
- Develop and strengthen school-club links
- Support clubs in their development
- Organise QuadKids and Sportshall competitions for junior athletes
- Co-ordinate road-running and track & field competitions
- Participate in the Youth Development League as 'Team Norfolk'